Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Phoenix


Some drawings from my head and from life.

I just framed these and am currently procrastinating by blogging about it at this stage. I should be packing the framed work for a group show in Phoenix, AZ.
I'm almost done.

The clown was done from my head in a Moleskin with pencil and a little white gouache. It's a study for a painting I want to do. I've met a bunch of people who are scared of clowns or creeped out by them. I don't know why I enjoy looking at them so much. The Elf girl came about because the model just struck me as faerie like, so I gave her the ears.
She was very slight and struck some beautiful poses. Her name was Cassandra and had just moved to Brooklyn from LA about a month ago.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?