Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Last night's study

Gearing up for the Big Apple Con. I don't know if this is Electra's current costume. I'm so not a comic book artist anymore. I was torn on how to approach the value structure. Classic black and white comics is everything goes to black in the shadows. For me, there is no black, the darks are a color. I started mixing burnt umber with purple in some areas and letting it range from a dark brown to a grey blue. I wanted the skin to have some of that hot orange glow of sunset or sunrise.

I invented the figure so now after I've scanned it and can see it on the screen, I'm cringing at the anatomy.

Comments:
wow beautiful work fred, really inspiring
 
Thanks! I'm digg'n your stuff too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?