Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

Holiday Crunchies

Cover for The Week's year end edition.

I'm not the holiday celebrating type of guy. I don't go to church, and I don't have an office full of people with various beliefs that come to a head at this time of year. I enjoy everyone's festive spirit though. In the past, family wasn't always very pleasant to be around during the holidays. Planning to have a bunch of guests over was always stressful for my mom and dad wasn't in the best mood due to the credit card bill he was probably going to get the next month. Plus cabin fever and a lot less sunlight! Church was this artificial ritual we'd go through and eventually got out of.

I just look at the end of the year to figure out what worked for me this past year and what would make things better in the next year. Usually I'm most concerned about getting paid on time. After meeting everyone's deadlines with my art, I get screwed with them paying me when the accounting dept. decides to get off their ass. Try paying your bills when you don't know when you'll get a check in the mail! My yearly (and monthly) tradition.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
your work is amazing. love your use of colors. awesome likenesses too. I think I met you once...at least I think it was you, were you sharing a table with Steve Ellis a few years back at the Mocca show in NY? I remember some really cool fantasy pieces?...
 
There's a good chance it was me. I hardly remember that one! I have a table this year next to my girl, Molly's, table in June. Thanks for the good words!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?