Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Last night... a few days ago.


Last night's review... Last night started around 4:30pm. I have a studio guy, Steve, who comes in once a week to organize my crap. He also helps out my girl, Molly Crabapple, with Dr Sketchy's drawing at a bar in Brooklyn. Dr Sketchy's Rainy Day Colouring Book is her first book coauthored with John Leavitt and has been getting great reviews and press on the web and print. The official release happened at The Slipper Room in the Lower East Side. A lot happened. Transvestite birthday cake, Gawker photographers, burlesque by The White Boom Boom, Amber Ray Darlinda Just Darlinda, Go Go by Lady J live music from Two Man Gentleman Band, and all hosted by The World Famous Bob. I have no shame as I participated in a dance contest arranged by Bob. I'm on video being stupid. Others might just say it was silly and embarrassing. The 2ND shot of whiskey was just hitting as I got pulled on stage. Serves me right, I had just shoved my friend up on stage moments before as they were calling for "volunteers". That was Wed. and much more went on...

Friday was a bit busy. I had some jobs come in. Met my friend Mark, at Maxim Mag. He was turning in a painting for a cover. I think it'll come out in Feb. (The March Issue) Then we wandered down to the Lower East Side stopping at a burger joint on the way.

The girl had a book reading at Blue Stocking right around the corner from The Slipper Room. It was much smaller by comparison. She did well, and Amber Ray did a small posing session while everyone drew on paper with crayons that were supplied by the authors. Leavett handed everything out and supplied the ding dongs and ho hos.

This was a cover for Westword in Colorado. Some guy doing an Indiana Jones thing to find the original coffee bean in Ethiopia. I couldn't wait to do this one!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?