Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

Where to start!?! Uma was just hanging out in a coffee shop the other day so I asked her if she'd sit for a quick portrait. I told her I was a big time illustrator. She should be flattered I wanted to paint her, 'cause usually I get 10's of 20's of dollars to do this! She said she was an actress or something. "Oh yeah honey, they're a dime a dozen in this town" I said. I wished her good luck. I thought she might "pick up" my coffee, you know, for the effort and all. I even told her she reminded me of some famous actress but I couldn't recall the name... No wait, I just found some ref. out of a celeb mag. and did this study. But that's how I might have played it if I HAD happened to bump into her at a coffee shop. If Uma and her people ever read this, I'm at The Wycoff Starr in Bushwick a lot! Or Verb in Williams burgh!!

Had a busy week of running around in circles. One client had me do a ton of changes that took up all day! Then another client needed a tweak the next day. Everything came in on DL. but I was mentally wiped. Molly had another book signing at Jim Hanley's Universe in the shadow of the Empire State building, across the street, last Fri. Lady J flirted and teased everyone in the store. My friend Mark showed up for support and to repair contacts with the store. We then all went out to dinner in the basement of the Empire State building.

I went back to Mark's studio to help him catch up on his Ghost Rider pages by filling in blacks and some back ground and helping him stay awake and not get overwhelmed by the amount of pages piling up. Inking some one's pencils, is a great way to see how they think as an artist. In 24 or more years of doing comics and thousands and thousands of pages, Mark has a certain stylization he's developed that is unique to him at this point. It's kind of obvious who his first influences were, but I don't think that is a bad thing.

I have a bunch of jobs to do next week. Pretty busy, I only have time for jobs with big paydays this week! What a horrible problem, HA!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Nice Uma!
You missed a great model last night...
 
I am way slammed right now!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?