Friday, August 24, 2007

 

Post 53



So I took a vacation of a sort. I went and visited family about a week ago. As I was in the car rental place in Manhattan, the pleasant lady behind the counter asks me if I want to upgrade for a "small" fee to a convertible... "We don't get many convertibles here!" she exclaimed. Well this must be my lucky day then!as I thought about the route I had decided to take through the upstate finger lake region. I checked out the convertible. It was a VW bug! A girl car in light yellow but it was still a convertible. So rag top trumps yellow punch bug in my book and I took it. Of course the guys in the garage had no idea how to get the hood down. Some how over the course of an almost 500 mile trip to Erie, PA, I DIDN"T get a speeding ticket! It defies logic and all things natural, because I drove as if I wanted one! Of course I really didn't want one and I apologize to the state of New York for abusing their speed limit laws, but if the trooper that would have had the "joy" of pulling me over had a few minutes and miles behind the wheel of this little speed bug from Hermes, he'd have understood and let me go with a warning. I never had the pleasure of driving a nice little sports car. WHEW! I had a blast!

In Erie, my mom had told enough people that I'd be coming to Eduardo's (their bar) that some reporter from the Erie Times decided to call me up for an interview about people who grew up in Erie and still come back. So now I had to do caricatures at the bar for the volunteer Fire Dept.They even sent a photographer to shoot me as I drew. Well not to be out done, a news station sent a camera guy out to cover it too! I was still drawing at the bar when footage of me was on the eleven o'clock news! I think that was about the same time the girl with the big fake breasts was also flashing me a "thank you" flash... I didn't see me on the TV.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?